OFM / Bookkeeper
Because our bookkeepers provide SO much more support than just bookkeeping, we call our services Online Financial Management. But, because that’s just our term, we also are calling this position bookkeeper for the purposes of showing up in searches 🙂
We are looking for a part-time, USA-Based, Virtual, Work from Your Home Office Bookkeeper who understands online marketing, is always one-step ahead of their work, loves communicating with people and is a wiz when it comes to numbers. This position will begin as a part-time position and can grow to become full time within the next year, based on how you can help the company to grow.
You will be the company’s go-to Bookkeeper for our team and clients and will be responsible for making sure records are up to date and in tip-top shape for presenting to our clients.
The Bookkeeper reports directly to the Lead Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
You are a fun, go-getting, tech-loving problem solver who loves the flexibility of working from home. If you are looking for an awesome career opportunity that will give you great satisfaction with work-life balance than we would love to add you to our team!
You will be responsible for:
- Updating each client’s Quickbooks Online account + Google Spreadsheets on a weekly basis. If there are any technical systems glitches, you will research, troubleshoot and resolve (with the support of our technical training and our best friend, Google!)
- Creating projection reports for clients of future income & expenses for 90 day blocks of time.
- Completing the month-end end close process & providing financial reports to clients, once reviewed.
- Attending twice weekly team video calls and have availability for check-ins in between.
- Using Slack to communicate with our clients & team throughout the week.
- Being available for timely responses to emails & messages from clients.
- Updating our Project Management System (Asana) when you have completed your tasks (which are usually done ahead of schedule if not on-time!)
- Hosting monthly video calls with clients to review their numbers & plan the next 90 days.
- Maintaining a professional, quiet home office where you can focus and be productive!
Skills & Past Experiences
You must have:
- A love for QuickBooks Online – and you know it well.
- 2+ years experience with Bookkeeping for small businesses.
- Held a role that involved internal or external customer support. For example: internal clients inside of a company, customer service for a store, guest-facing restaurant experience.
- A sense of humor.
- Work experience that shows growth, a willingness to get out of your comfort zone and a desire to learn new things.
- Shown interest in online businesses. This means – you follow a Company or Influencer online and have signed up for their online program or online information product. (For example: an e-book, an information guide, recipes, a health course, taken an online training, etc.)
It would be nice if you have:
- Payroll experience – most of our clients have small, uncomplicated payrolls, but we would love if you have knowledge of how payroll works – on the processing and tax side.
- Experience using online tools like Slack, Asana, Google Drive and Zoom.
- Experience managing reporting from online shopping cart systems like Stripe, Infusionsoft, SamCart, Convertkit, etc.
- You embrace challenges when they arise and pride yourself in being about to “figure it out.”
- You have a growth mindset. We are willing to train the right person on pretty much anything if you can show us that you are coachable, willing to learn, and excited about the contribution you will make to our team.
- You learn from past experiences and make changes based on those experiences so that you thrive in the future (history doesn’t typically repeat itself with you.)
- You love online systems and get excited about learning them.
- You love solutions. You don’t just report problems and issues, you like to think through possible solutions and make recommendations!
- You are confident, but not cocky. You feel really good in your own skin and enjoying working with uplifting people in a team environment.
This position is not for...
- Someone who is looking for a “side-gig” while growing their own business.
- Someone who doesn’t like talking to people and just wants to work inside systems all day.
- Someone who knows deep down that they don’t really love bookkeeping or tax.
- Someone who relies heavily on other people to make them happy.
How to Apply
After you have carefully reviewed the requirements for the position you are interested in, click above to apply. In our work, attention to detail is extremely important and if you skip any of the steps we probably won’t respond to your application. We can’t wait to talk with you and show you how fun it can be to work for a company like ours!